Morlock Elloi on Mon, 24 Apr 2017 04:30:00 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Why I won't support the March for Science

It's more complicated:

This would not only create an oligarchy of those of who have the
means to fund scientific research for backing up a political demand.

Even worse, it's not about funding scientific research, it's about buying 'results' and 'scientists'.

3) Just as opposition against Trump creates false solidarity
with neoliberals, opposition against climate change-denying,

Using Holocaust vocabulary is not helping, and the 'climate change' chants and dogma have all tell-tale signs of the purchased 'science' ("science beyond discussion" :))

----

The issue doesn't seem to be what science gets to influence, but who gets to buy more 'science', 'them' or 'us'. When we do it, it's a good influence. Etc.