Marcell Mars aka Nenad Romic on Thu, 1 Dec 2016 21:13:22 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Happy birthday, Ubu.com!

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Morlock Elloi <morlockelloi@gmail.com> wrote:

> They don't say how big is the entire collection, and there is no easy
> way to get a copy. They should provide for that.

the whole ubu.com is about 1.2TB

if anyone interested in getting a copy please write to:
little.prince@custodians.online

if not more than few we will do it as we did the ubu-mirror.ch:
2TB usb3 hard disk in a laptop bag, then train trip from north germany
and finally a friends at the dinner in zürich.

if not more than few and a good bandwidth then something along the
command lines of:
rsync -zvrith --progress --delete --inplace --no-whole-file
custodian@ubumirror/ubu/ /local/path/ubumirror/

if more than few then we will use torrents like this one:
http://hostb.org/7J

+ please prepare yourself to join (and be bothered in some) irc channel too ;)

p.s. as said in our previous letter (http://custodians.online/): "this
is the time for us custodians, being dogs, humans or cyborgs, with our
names, nicknames and pseudonyms, to raise our voices. [..] to
download, to share, to read, to write, to review, to edit, to
digitize, to archive, to maintain libraries, to make them
accessible..." and (sometimes) to convince our institutions (like in
the case of ubu-mirror.ch) to support the fragile world of shadow
libraries through sharing their hard disks, bandwidth and servers...
(fyi - if anyone into numbers & birthdays: next year textz.com is
10000, monoskop 13, sci-hub 6 and nettime 22 - jai)