Patrice Riemens on Sat, 5 Nov 2016 01:10:25 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Thomas Frank: Forget the FBI cache; the Podesta emails

On 2016-11-03 10:20, Armin Medosch wrote:

> this is a very bad article, I don't see the point of publishing it on
> nettime. the guarduian should never have published it. this is a
> critique of the elites? oh me god, how far has so called quality
> journalism sunk ...
 <...>

I cannot agree ('oeuf corse') that the article is that bad, but I can
agree with the subliminal (?) critique that it brings nothing new we
didn't know, or hadn't read about before. But that was not the idea
behind my 'filtering' of this particular text. Thomas Frank (sorry, not
Krank ;-), who, as the Dutch would say, 'has a reputation to lose' as
author of politically illuminating arguments, gives here a snappy, and
welcome, 'redux', indeed, of (next to) everything we already knew, or
had read, about "what the (American - and other) ruling classes do when
they rule" - to quote Goran Therborn. And concentrates are what make
arguments stick.

Cheerio, p+2D!