nettime's avid reader on Sun, 11 Sep 2016 11:14:03 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Arrest Warrant Issued for Amy Goodman in North Dakota After Covering

[Freedom for Press, another one of these 20th century achievements being
gutted...]

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/9/10/breaking_arrest_warrant_issued_for_amy

An arrest warrant has been issued in North Dakota for Democracy Now!
host and executive producer Amy Goodman. Goodman was charged with
criminal trespassing, a misdemeanor offense. A team from Democracy Now!
was in North Dakota last week to cover the Native American-led protests
against the Dakota Access pipeline.

On Sept. 3, Democracy Now! filmed security guards working for the Dakota
Access pipeline company using dogs and pepper spray to attack
protesters. Democracy Now!’s report went viral online and was
rebroadcast on many outlets, including CBS, NBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC and
Huffington Post.

"This is an unacceptable violation of freedom of the press," said Amy
Goodman in a statement. "I was doing my job by covering pipeline guards
unleashing dogs and pepper spray on Native American protester."

See the orginal coverage:
https://www.democracynow.org/2016/9/6/full_exclusive_report_dakota_access_pipeline