Jaromil on Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:04:54 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Ethereum: DAO - "The Attacker"

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016, Morlock Elloi wrote:

> The whole thing reeks of religion. Just observe facts - the next rally where
> the necessity to do the unmentionable will be pitched is held:
>
> 1. On Sunday
> 2. At some place called "Institute for the Future"
>
> ( http://www.meetup.com/EthereumSiliconValley/events/232438189/ )
>
> These (1. and 2.) are attributes of cults, not technology/finance events (I
> wonder if they'll provide yoga mats and incense.) The incentive to
> appreciate yet another strain of Moonies is frankly beyond me. Too fu*king
> human.

How to disagree? but then I cannot really mix in my mind the societies
behind Ethereum with Bitcoin. They are two different things... ETH is
imbued of the guruist pop subproduct of Kurzweil's brainfarts, seems
like the Zeitgeist mob married the Californian-ubermensch futurism and
now wants to mint stuff.

Lots to learn from Raelians there, indeed. My sixth sense tells me
they are sipping 0xb4dc0ff3 while trying to store vanity-mined crypto
hashes in the DNA of newborns. Down to Earth and after the bubble
bursts, that seems to be the industry sector with most growth over
there. Is there literature comparing blockchains to DNA already?
Watch it.

ciao