Jaromil on Fri, 24 Jun 2016 04:53:13 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Bankers on ecstasy (but is the party over?)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Andreas Broeckmann wrote:

> http://www.mikro.in-berlin.de/wiki/tiki-browse_image.php?imageId=154
>
> glitch or premonition?

Interesting http://bb9.berlinbiennale.de/participants/simon-denny/

I think the "blockchain" with all buzz related to it is indeed a
socially interesting phenomenon at the base of popularization of
digital technology. For many reasons. It is the main base for
"de-politicizing" Bitcoin. It is also an incredible swamp of bad and
quickly hacked together code, for obvious reasons bound to opportunity
and puerile enthusiasm. But also because anything that has to do with
the enormous bubble of computer industry nowadays deals only with the
so called "computer sciences" discipline, rather than with
computational linguistics, for instance.
So, you know... it's all so neo-lib :^)

This is my favorite commentary to what happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O5fdMFKEC0

but I'm afraid it won't be so funny when the real bubble bursts...

ciao