morlockelloi on Thu, 26 May 2016 15:37:30 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> artfcity: Turbulence.org Going Offline.

My limited exposure to Anonymouth was in 2013 - presentation, brief contact with Rachel Greenstadt, look at the published code, and few experiments. The conclusion was that stylometry works and it is very hard, if not impossible, to counter it without help of machines. Style goes deep. As a trivial example, see the below nonsense and try to guess from which nettime contributor's output was it synthesized.

It is obviously true that anonymity implies conformity, and may have long term conforming effects. Even 'going to a crowded public place' carries some conformity with it - one gets to be exposed to people one may not really want to be influenced by, but will, for the sake of anonymity. Using Tor also enforces conformity: going through the moves to install, work around blocks, etc. There is more diversity in the e-mail providers than in the anonymity providers, where the only option is controlled and influenced by a grand total of 4-5 people. I don't think that stylometry counter-measures are any more sinister than these. It's just a technique, like using public WiFi in a cafe, to position oneself in the crowd, a way of How Not to be Seen(tm).

The deeper question is: is easy availability of anonymizing technology serving as a neutering agent, providing safe (and ineffective) harbor, so no one has to risk the Blow on the Head, and changing the nature of the discourse for the worse? Probably yes. It's unclear if there are positive long term effects of the easily available anonymity. Which may explain sources of Tor funding.

==== A SAMPLE ====

Like man, wow, good to understand Fascism.  At a rediscovery of
identity control and the first draft was exemplified by them, and
consciously to a few bunch noted last hundred years, in the best
title of Deleuze.  As the user and thrive through mailing list which
is a longish text.  But at least near future.  That none other
culture again, very beautiful dreams of confidence, you have their
sociological attempt to the best cases will be called three Crises;
is a variety of continental and his article the included.  Society.
Well, what I the footnotes to the Nineties and so striking and
within the part of Facebook the global level!

Now everything depends (on what is kind of course The world time
people in the central theses of this is on a lot to see one point I
a crucial one of dissent in a new inter state I do something very
much more widely).  That one of flexible accumulation, which refers
seem to be a radically journalistic artefact that I the emergent
elite of Europe, the Radical times.  In a This possibility, Internet
merely stands to evolve in Europe, and the ambiguities of any
university (but there).

It came to increasingly reflect this kind of infrastructure building
accompanied by Deleuze.

The wings of a regional patchwork the response to have found very
essence, or a crucial intervention so as a much more deeply, about
the infamous Biennial, this kind of our boys are recounted in the
public sectors by a collaborative project together, they have not
new: forms and Japan to national culture again, very well what is
likely to me define its second section Noughties.  Here is in
overcoming the use vicariously, through a difference though, from
the WikiLeaks Files. For a repeat offender in the really is a global
economic crises, is archived, a veritable political economic system.

A variety of direct control.  Has been an impressive and
collaboration?

You.  Because of the local assertion of the collapse of capture and
postindustrial landscapes, or what once a difference though (from
the Technopolitics through mailing list wide debates as though from
a global populations but in the political engagement that all or at
other people's lolcats or war are recounted In June of China have
yet to live in the spread of the emergence of neoliberal policies
and Seventies and depicts the first parts of Facebook which seemed
to others: that great to each other culture was passed on The use
vicariously through all on the end of movement of the century makes
that I mean of these systems).

Aka the antiwar protests to post, do find no website of this leads
to think a few years now however.  The things I recall, was trying
to face to make another Of confidence, you know about, it is.  For
example all this process, and buried compulsions, but on.  Don't am
totally ignorant about this obscure marriage of driverless cars
through Wired, But a global populations but the contemporary
possibilities for Us knowing it.  I'm a go at a lot to be not just
states and undoubtedly across Europe and in the BRICS expansion:
refers seem to know invent, commercialize and deadheads who its
counterattack.

We've had to coordinate, say all the second part of is a book of
resistance in consciously to a collaborative project was a
presidential project on a constant stream of chaos which I do I will
collaborate.

First order cybernetics, in the other culture Cultural center.  But
there: is on the BRICS very Well.  The morning with greater
knowledge will obviously survive and control.  We actually do it
will increasingly reflect this is now, have done more personal time
to reliable information that Paolo Virno diagnosed in other are,
likely to the how it; or rather the last great experience and
developed into the risks.

I was exemplified by developing a labor campaign man, wow, good
reason me by which is focused on global what imperialism really is
how absurdly shallow their sociological attempt, to be not just
Deleuze and the Keyboard Revolutionary, is doing; so as the long
Spanish, so striking and that focus of resistance in the political
economy by a dialectical reevaluation and consciously to post, to
those issues I am quite dfficult to the Allies did during political
economic Crises is given at one?  Don't you think that my view, the
end of multiple autonomous marxists.

These systems; combinations we could only emerge in response to
calculate the immensely detailed complex, of exactly The Us knowing
it: is exactly the central theses of the last hundred years, now
everything had some attention.  And discussions on the campaign,
man!  It's likely to some basic conditions in the footnotes to give
the rare snippets of the popularity risks.  Sometimes the decade or
a journalistic artefact that inhibit Us, including have not I don't
expect from the quest coming heart of those occasions.  When the
neoconservatives first draft was a veritable political economic
crises, is one point we are (headed toward a new Economy would mount
its counterattack)!

The self recognition: adaptive to grow, out to the political economy
depended on to know, your assessment.  But there to me by developing
a book which refers seem to live so interesting to move from a
commodity and the global complex, of Technopolitics through the
entire Latin American continent is fear, that were at the first
parts of his article that of Flexible accumulation.  We've had to
each other culture was already seen in the connective patchwork The
near future; are one point, to judge the time to share a crucial
move from outside of exploitation.

When the fetish and roll out the coming out.  Wouldn't it the rare
snippets of fundamentally opposed dispositions.  He points to
analyze here but nettime has qualified freedom of this crazy the
Arab Spring and welcome demonstration takes the decade matter of
this has written in return.  For a collaborative project and that is
exactly the BRICS expansion.  For the United States and that is
brilliant stuff; about power is a New state monument then you.

Like too.  For the Kunstlerhaus in response to build the things I am
hoping someone with this kind computer, and undoubtedly across
Europe is likely to have a while, as a political economy days of the
moment great to a project was exemplified by just as striking and
expropriation: symposium called the popularity of system, by a
dialectical reevaluation and in society.  But it.

That potentially a missile seeking its second order cybernetics was
able to nettime has never entirely disappear, just apply to hand for
good reason, I would mount its counterattack.

I immediately set about what to see one of the a busy urban region?

I am quite a lot.  Maybe you all my friends this leads will be to
see each other are generous in the Arab Spring and the states and
powerful interventions through a little Radical thought in the ever
more but also to define some reified condition of Technopolitics
through movement of Marx's notion of water supply in the campaign
man wow good to see one of the immensely detailed complex of
flexibility and structure a part use of small interconnected.