Molly Hankwitz on Tue, 3 May 2016 17:16:42 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Live Your Models

Dear Brian,

I am interested in this idea of yours of the "flexible self" as I wrote much about "flexibility" in my critique of wireless imagination in my dissertation but did not know, at the time about your work, regrettably. I used the brilliant work of Melissa Gregg, on the flexible economy and women's' employment and Deleuze's "dividual" instead to talk about some configurations of "mobile subjectivity"(my term, I think).

How does the flexible self differ, if at all from Deleuze's discussion of "dividuation"? If you know this text, Postscript on the Society of Control, he describes this identity which exists within networks...

Molly