Jaromil on Thu, 21 Apr 2016 23:57:17 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Guardian > Monbiot > Neoliberalism -- the ideology at

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016, Florian Cramer wrote:

> Michel Foucault's discussion of "neoliberalism" in his late lectures
> refers to this original definition of neoliberalism, too.

true. vastly overlooked because the title is "the birth of
biopolitics", which he originally intended to be the subject of his
lectures at college de france in '78-79. the lectures are fundamental
to understand the politics of contemporaneity. unfortunately he never
managed to arrive to the description of biopolitics in that last
period of his life, too busy making a geneaology of liberism, which of
course cannot be really overlooked if debating the matter.

Antonio Caronia left us his last lecture series about Foucault "Per
una genealogia del soggetto" a few years before dying. the recordings
in Italian are archived here
https://archive.org/details/MichelFoucault_PerUnaGenealogiaDelSoggetto
following this was a fantastic journey through Foucault's oeuvre.

now I sort of wonder if 'biopolitics' can be sold as the
ideology-buzzword people are looking for here - dare you not know,
nettime is a buzzword incubator and perhaps accelerator! :^)))

perhaps our times are not so epic anymore and we should settle on the
"millenial" definition, stick to think in generational terms. I still
wonder what are your thoughts about this????
just a matter of words, sure. has anyone used cryptoliberism yet?

ciao