popeye on Wed, 9 Mar 2016 01:56:05 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Tech Execs Plot Against Trump

It reminded me of the Bilderburg (?) Summit. ??Funny thing is, none of
the technology executives noted in the article are conservatives, or
even Republicans. ??They are all Democrats. ??All three leading
Republican candidates are a personal and professional threat to Silicon
Valley. ??They will repeal gay rights and mandate software backdoors,
make encryption illegal, and play straight into the hands of the
telecom bitlords, who are the mortal enemies of the Valley. ??Strange
bedfellows, indeed. ??OTOH, I don't want to see Elon 'Ironman' Musk
angry. These are guys who get even.

Many business executives see a two party US as beneficial to thier
interests, because they can play one party off against the other,
although their personal interests may lie more with one than the other.
As for what is said in the room, my guess is that it is more along
the lines of Rs " hey, we have a big problem, and wonder if you smart
guys have any ideas?" and smart guys," well, we're glad you asked, but
before we go there, we have some issues we'd like to discuss with
you..."

Mike Weisman, living in Obama's America.