morlockelloi on Fri, 10 Jul 2015 19:05:37 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> ***SPAM*** Re: Hacked Team

Exonerating makers of malicious tools because they did it only for the irresistible appeal of money (as opposed to being inherently evil and wanted to screw activists) is ridiculous. They knew exactly what they were doing. Just following orders is not a valid defense, for some time now.

Eventually, it will come to those just following orders, programmers and engineers, enabling efficient population control, and doing it just for $100K+ salaries and stock options. It always does.

I say this because I believe that HT would have never become what it was
and would have never sold to the regimes it sold to without the
partnership of *very big* business players, whom I believe are the main