kontakt |Âflorian kuhlmann on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:21:28 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Digital Citizenship: from liberal privilege to democratic

   dear all,

        Am 23.03.2015 um 22:30 schrieb olia lialina <[1]olia@profolia.org>:

               It's impossible to disagree, the only problem is that  there are no
               digital citizenship and digital citizens.
               In the end of the day this form of address is more sedative than
               empowering.
               We are computer users. And I don't mean that we should accept it. We
               should rather insist on it! And fight for the User Rights.
               The rights to log out (as solid guarantee for constitutional right
               to privacy), to see the computer, to own data,
               symmetrical access, full control over the computing that my computer
               does, to undo, etc (more suggested
               at [2]http://userrights.contemporary-home-computing.org/)

        I know that calling yourself a computer user is not that appealing as
        netizen or digital citizen, but in times of invisible computing User is
        the best (the last) reminder that there are those who developed the
        system and those who use it, and that you are dealing with the
        programmed system first and foremost.
        The better future and truly human civilization you are anticipating can
        only be build by those aware/educated about their role, freedoms and
        duties as users.

+1 from me for this (imho) slightly more affirmative approach to a
quite difficult subject
best
florian