JNM on Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:11:28 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> 'fuck europe!' then what?

On the other hand Europe is fine. It is pretty true that it makes very
good law for consumers. It is a good idea to have some sort of rules
all over the place. That all consumers can count on.

I completely disagree. Europe make very bad laws for consumers, because
this laws are made by thousand technocrats directed by 20 000 lobbyists
and not by citizens, and because capitalist system is deeply included in
the European constitution.

 Two examples:

-before European laws on free competition, some countries like France
used to have very good public services, in many different sectors of the
society, with workers doing very good work. All has been exploded,
public services has been dismantled, with a massive use of subcontractors employing interim workers, who don't care about nothing. Many services
have disapeared. A huge regression for consumers. This participate to
the feeling of depression wich pushes the voters to the extremes.

-Another example about food: the European organic rules for food products, to have the European "organic" label, allows 5% of non-organic components in products....you can easily understand what it means for the food industry.

I could describe thousands European laws wich are regressions for consumers compared to what was existing before Europe laws. So, I correct your sentence:

Europe make very bad laws for consumers, but very good laws for transnational companies.

JN