Michael H Goldhaber on Sun, 17 Aug 2014 22:56:01 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Touch the Blue Sky

Beautifully written. Two corrections: longitude, I think was meant, not latitude. And the Blue Angels, who still insist on making their noisy, climate changing  paean to war over the peaceful Bay Area are part of the US Navy, not the Air Force ( we couldn't do with just one air command, could we?) Blue angels, blue horses; surely the latter are some sort of homage to Franz Marc and the Blaue Reiter school. Even on the steppe, artists are still embedded in art history, as the very thought of a biennale attests.

Best,
Michael

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 16, 2014, at 9:11 PM, Brian Holmes <bhcontinentaldrift@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> [ I'm "on the lam" in Mongolia - with a biennial after my own heart,
> first time. BH ]
>
> Touch the Blue Sky:
> Land Art for the 21st Century
 <...>