Frederic Janssens on Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:45:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> More Crisis in the Information Society

On 21 July 2014 08:23, d.garcia <d.garcia@new-tactical-research.co.uk>
wrote:

> What has changed is that the conditions long endured in the arts
> have now been extended to the economy as a whole where employees of
> an increasingly freelance, largely non-unionised economy are all
> required to be entrepreneurs in the creative economy of organised
> optimism.
>
> yes

"Ask not what the power structure can do for your survival,
ask what you can do for the survival of the power structure"

The hope is that, at that level of required sacrifice,
the difficult effort towards real autonomy, instead of sham autonomy,
will no longer be felt as utopian.

But to understand what real autonomy means,
in order to know not only what we don't want,
but what is a viable alternative,
we need to work on something like
 'Ecological Design' as Eric Kluitenberg proposed.
--

Frederic