Orsan on Tue, 13 May 2014 20:51:30 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> tensions within the bay area elites

if one reads, the IIC -industrial internet cons. documents and others from Cisco, GE on the IoE, one sees how openly these guys argue for 'connecting work and people on the move' the technoutopic way towards singularity which passes through the realisation of Internet of Free Labour in material field. this means construction of global and intelligent labour division which will based on 'zero marginal costs' machine, google and fb are the ones developing the infrastructure and will have structural strategic heights in the game. who will be absorbing all energy and creativity from the exploitable people, the rest can be butteries. This foreseen a new class society, so new hierarch within and without the ruling ones. The current geopolitics is imho is the manifestation of the intraclass war for the future, that's why Schmit plays a key role from the North Africa and OWS, to Korea and so on. we need a distributed and collaborative counter hegemonic formation as soon as possible.
o.

> On 13 mei 2014, at 15:45, Brian Holmes <bhcontinentaldrift@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/13/2014 12:31 AM, michael gurstein wrote:
>>
>> Now that Google's halo is a wee bit dented some deeper reflection on
>> what Google might, through its search algorithms, be doing to our
>> underlying frameworks of knowledge--either inadvertently by structuring
>> them in pursuit of its commercial goals or purposefully by, for example,
>> following the direction of its friends in the US State Department--might
>> be in order; and perhaps even more usefully some thought on what might
>> be done about this.
>
> Ahem, I believe some denizens of this list have organized entire
> conferences about this? Does anyone remember Deep Search?
 <...>