Geert Lovink on Mon, 3 Mar 2014 13:36:15 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Hans Magnus Enzensberger: Rules for the digital world

Thanks Cornelia, and Florian for making the translation. I don't mind the piece but what misses here is a bit of self-reflection of a writer who has been inside the media realm his entire life, and who is unable to put his own 'offline romanticism' in the larger picture of the (German) history of ideas. Apart from this, it is also sad that he is simply badly informed about the current state of the postal system in the age of global surveillance. One link will do: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/us/monitoring-of-snail-mail.html (U.S. Postal Service Logging All Mail for Law Enforcement). Geert

On 2 Mar 2014, at 2:30 PM, Cornelia Sollfrank <cornelia@artwarez.org> wrote:

> Thanks for sending via email.
>
> Imagine you would have had to hand-write the information and send it to all subscribers of nettime via postcard;-)
 <...>