Nick on Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:44:08 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Harassing People for Watching a Movie in a Cinema

Quoth William Waites:

> It's disappointing that the writer was intimidated into giving up all of
> his memories to the police in order to clear his name under a presumption
> of guilt.

It's also disappointing to hear that being told he was not under
arrest he didn't just ask for his stuff back and leave.

But really police intimidation is designed exactly to ensure that
you give them more power over you than they actually have. I don't
blame him at all, I probably would have done the same thing, despite
knowing it was wrong.