dan mcquillan on Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:40:48 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> "Internet Freedom" and Post-Snowden Global Internet Governance

hi michael

you might find one of bruce schneier's recent
guardian pieces interesting: 'The US government has
betrayed the internet. We need to take it back'
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/05/government-betray
ed-internet-nsa-spying

it resonates with yours in many ways, but from a different starting
ipoint .e. internet engineering.

fwiw we'll be holding a festival of crypto at goldsmiths college at
the end of november which will try to walk the line between discourse
& tech; it'll be practical (like a cryptoparty) but also aiming
squarely at the wider field of internet freedom.

best
dan