Eugenio Tisselli on Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:50:48 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Community Memory through Appropriated Media: an Interview about Sauti ya wakulima

Hi nettimers,

Marc Garrett from Furtherfield has interviewed me about Sauti ya
wakulima (The voice of the farmers): a collaborative knowledge base
about the effects of climate change done by rural farmers in Bagamoyo,
Tanzania. The focus on the interview is related to socially engaged
media art, and how can such forms of art become an agent of hope in
these urgent times. Here is a very short quote, hoping that you will
want to read more:

"In my opinion, the artists who still embrace the idea that art should
only serve its own ends will become those who play the lyre while our
world burns."

Read it here:
http://www.furtherfield.org/features/interviews/community-memory
-through-appropriated-media-interview-eugenio-tisselli

Best wishes,
Eugenio.