Patrice Riemens on Fri, 11 May 2012 14:49:07 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> nettime-fr has a new start

> maybe some of those can explain /geert
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: nettime-fr-request@nettime.org
>> Date: 10 May 2012 3:55:34 PM
>> To: geert@desk.nl
>> Subject: Bienvenue sur la liste  "Nettime-fr"
>>
>> Bienvenue sur la liste Nettime-fr@nettime.org!
>>
>> Nettime-FR renaît en version non modérée. Vous recevez ce mail parce
>> que vous êtes abonnés à [Nettime-Fr], liste de diffusion sur les
>> cultures en réseau.
(...)

Maybe there isn't that much to explain that is not already obvious, or
anyway unsurprising.

Nettime.fr has the somewhat checkered history common to (almost) all
French art/culture/politics project with plenty of hi.octane rows among
its unusally ueber-intellectual participants (making each other out for
'debiles' or 'Mongolians'). So it went thru several phases, the last of
which was near-death - and now resurection (Hosannah Hallelujah!)

The problem with nettime-fr, as I see it (and it's likely to continue), is
that it never was able to manage its hybridity between being a 'content'
and an 'agenda' (read 'self-promotion') list. The answer to that is called
moderation (aka 'censorship' in some quarters...) I guess. Well, if you
live on either bank of the Seine, good luck...

Cheers from patrizio & Diiiinooos!
(CoI disclaimer: appear to have been somehow involved in kick-starting
nettime-fr 0.0 ... ;-)