allan siegel on Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:03:40 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> The $100bn Facebook question: Will capitalism survive

hello,

well I've been trying to get at the core of this discussion which frankly I find bloated with excess verbiage and driven by a subtext that seems to fetishize Facebook as if this were one of the most pressing questions we are now facing. Really folks, one has to simply watch The Social Network and extrapolate from the personalities and economic milieu  (Harvard Univ Facebook ground zero) at Facebook's inception into present social/political climate to see how value increases (and why); is the paradigm that different for Youtube, Yahoo, Google etc...?

a.s.