Morlock Elloi on Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:07:10 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Political-Economy and Desire

Desire is but hard-coded goals, that got hard-coded for reasons that were prevalent in the past. Now that the technology can cheat and s(t)imulate, the firmware is trashing in useless loops. Desires are amplified and have practically squeezed out ideas and ideologies. The cat has encountered the eternal laser pointer.

There is evidence that this can last a lifetime, so there is no limit as far as individuals are concerned. The loop is sustainable.

Is the system sustainable? How many people does it take to jerk laser pointers? Very few.

I think that we are entering the next phase of sustainable agriculture.

Mooo.