Geert Lovink on Mon, 30 Jan 2012 02:18:57 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> message from andrew keen

Hi Everyone,

A belated Happy New Year to you all! I’ve been busy over the holidays with the final edits to my new book, Digital Vertigo: How Today's Online Social Revolution is Diminishing, Dividing and Disorienting Us and I’m thrilled to announce that it will published in the US by St Martins Press and the UK by Constable Robinson in the first week of June, with markets including Brazil, China, Holland and Poland publishing translated versions later in the year. Review copies will be available later this spring, so please let me know if you’d like one. There are still some foreign language markets available, so let me know if are interested in acquiring overseas rights and I will send you a PDF of the manuscript.

In addition to Digital Vertigo, I’ve been doing a lot of other writing, broadcasting and speaking. My “Keen On” TechcrunchTV show has been really fun - my four part interview with Steve Jobs’ biographer Walter Isaacson being last month’s highlight. I’ve also begun to write for CNN, my first two columns being about Russia and CES. As always, I spent a lot of last year up in the air, flying over 200,000 miles to give speeches in many countries around the world including Oman, Singapore, Dubai, Russia, Thailand and most of Europe.

January will be a busy travel month too, with me flying to London later this week. I’ll then be going to Munich to speak at DLD on Sunday and finally spending a couple of days in Davos at the end of next week. Please email me if you want to get together then or some other time later in the year.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2012.

Best regards,

Andrew