Andres Manniste on Sat, 28 Jan 2012 06:23:15 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Vincent Gallo versus Jillian Macdonald

Artist Jillian Mcdonald has run into trouble with Vincent Gallo, who is represented at the Whitney Biennial this year. It is about her 2004 work, "To Vincent, With Love",

 http://jillianmcdonald.net/projects/tvwlinfo.html

Incidentally, the Whitney actually has a version of this work in their Artport. I find this all very confusing.

http://artport.whitney.org/gatepages/february05.shtml

She writes, "I just received a cease and desist letter from Vincent Gallo's attorney suggesting I added no creative material in making my video (which took me 8 months to make in 2004), To Vincent with Love. Also this letter claims I am causing him personal injury. It also demands I keep the letter confidential, and that we reach a settlement to be paid to Mr Gallo."

I think that we should collectively work to keep this confidential for Mr. Gallo, don't you think?

Andres