Margaret Morse on Sat, 26 Nov 2011 02:02:39 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> more on Kittler

Dear John,

I remember my encounter with you very well!  I am glad the sushi was really
worth mentioning.   I don't think I could have guessed from your posts what
you are like in person beforehand--but I do know and am glad to be able to
make the connection.  Your way of life impressed me strongly and  I
couldn't decide whether someone who lives like you--passing from friend to
friend for shelter and food for thirty years--is a monk with a begging bowl
or an artist.  I wonder how many people are aware of your longterm
performance in search of something that acts between the embodied and the
intangbile.  Do you write blogs and stories?  Do you put together photos or
artifacts? How do you share your accumulating insights?  Or do you just
live this praxis out and let the encounters weave their own network?

Thanks for your comments.

Margaret

On Nov 23, 2011, at 7:38 AM, John Hopkins wrote:

> PS Margaret -- I've made it a habit to seek out 'personal' encounters
> people who I find some resonance in their (artistic, textual, etc etc)
> expressions that circulate in the public abode.  It's been an interesting
> set of experiences to encounter the embodied 'sources' of such energized
> expressions.
 <...>

Margaret Morse
Professor of Film/Digital Media