Dmytri Kleiner on Thu, 3 Nov 2011 12:52:38 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> 99%? 66% is more like it

On 02.11.2011 19:56, Felix Stalder wrote:

My impression is that the wide popularity of these movements is based on
common desire to return the system to what is perceived it's "normal
state", i.e. the American dream in the US, some sort of welfare state in
the EU. While they are clearly more radical elements in it, I don't think
at this stage, they are widely supported.

Hey Felix, Alex, I feel there is one kernel of radicalism that I think is currently widespread, perhaps even held by the majority, and that is that healthcare, education, child care and housing are not provisioned well by the market system.

In discussing how best to deal with these issues in non-market ways, perhaps quite radical ideas can be discussed, and considered by many who would not consider themselves radical.

Best,

--
Dmyri Kleiner
Venture Communist