Patrice Riemens on Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:46:15 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> a call to the army of love etc. etc.

Allan is most probably right about "the flippant manner in which words
are bantered about", on nettime - sometimes, yet his rant about railing
the machines ... bwo machines is immo a typical 'category mistake'.

Given the fact that our communication has become near-entirely
machinistic in nature, avoiding machines would kill criticism (valid or
not) of these at the same stroke. Which raises the suspicion that
Allan's argument parallels that of hard-core scientists (& the hard-core
right-wing, often the same): "not happy? stay out! f*^%$# off!)

Cheers, p+3D!