Anna on Thu, 2 Jun 2011 23:57:24 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Daniel Mathews, Ex-Wikileaks, in Berlin last weekend

Hi all,

I had the chance to talk to Daniel Mathews in Berlin last weekend in his
first public talk. Daniel is a founding member of Wikileaks and left
Wikileaks in 2008. He has some really interesting perspectives to add -
how many of you were aware that Wikileaks started out as a wiki and
aimed to build an open and collaborating community?

We only had 30 minutes minus translation and it's probably not really
fun to watch for Non-German speakers as my questions weren't translated
into English. On the other hands they're pretty obvious (What were the
objectives when you started Wikileaks, when did you leave and why, what
did you want to achieve..).

His answers are in English and since it's a really unique event I hope
it's interesting to some of you anyways.

=> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghnA1Nvwxfw