Armin Medosch on Thu, 2 Jun 2011 17:27:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Janos Sugar sentenced for âWash your dirty money with my artâ

Geert,

thanks for informing us about this, is there anything that we (meaning
net critical intellectuals) can do? Does this sentence mean, if
confirmed, that Janos actually has to go to jail or is it a suspended
sentence? Is there any organised support campaign?

cheers
Armin

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 11:29 +0200, Geert Lovink wrote:

> Three years ago, on June 18, 2008 Hungarian artist JÃnos SugÃr sprayed  the
> stenciled sentence âWash your dirty money with my artâ - sized 60  x
> 80 cm - as part of the exhibition at Kunsthalle Budapest, and at the  same
> time illegally as a protest onto two private art institutions.  One of those
 <...>