. left | coast | lurker . on Fri, 27 May 2011 12:21:32 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> 2006 Saddam ~ 2008 Karadzic ~ 2011 Mladic captured alive: what about Gaddafi?

> 2006 Saddam ~ 2008 Karadzic ~ 2011 Mladic captured alive: what about Gaddafi?
>
> May 26, 2011 by Tjebbe van Tijen
>
> The illustrated version of this message can be found at
>
> http://limpingmessenger.wordpress.com/?p=3831&preview=true
>

> Will the arrest of General Ratko Mladic be a sign for the warring Allied
> Forces to stop trying to kill Colonel Gaddafi and exercise restraint and
> patience instead of trying to kill this dictator? Negotiations and compromise
> will help Libya more than dropping even more munitions from the air. We need
> ?the long arm of justice¹ instead of ?the eager hand grabbing for power¹ in
> Libya.

--snip--

[ Who is this "we" ?

What the "rebels" are calling for is Gaddafi's head on a stick. So whom is
being spoken for, here?

I'm all for argued positions over geopolitical matters, but to pretend to be
the great "we" as a blogger is perhaps something of the hubris "we" need to
avoid --- especially when the link above leads to no reasoned argument
whatsoever. What "we" need is much more than this.

/ tV ]