Goran Maric on Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:02:25 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Pollock, Art History and Cold War [was: Wikileaks is old hat]

First, it is not about throwing the names for the sake of throwing THE
names, it was in context of someone TALKING ABOUT a child's ability to
do better painting than "Pollock," so pretty much everything that was
said was in that regard, and discussion developed somewhat further but
stayed in within that context.

curators
historians
critics
gallerists
historians
philosopher
aesthetes                      artist
collectors
donors
publicists
agents
inheritors

Coincidence or whatever, but while I was reading this post I was
watching on TV an interview done with Jean-Luc Godard, about making of
his La Chinoise (1967)...

I am not sure if there is any other human practice that has been
smashed, destroyed, stupefied, abused, ridiculed, and who knows
what else than this what we call art, and only for the reason that
something we call art and artist have been so artificially glorified
as genius.

And if we talk about genius, these are the greatest artist of
all time: Linus Torvalds and Richard Stallman creators, makers,
thinkers... and do not have any connection with art whatsoever.

I must say that I haven't seen that much dummies, ignorant people or
else than in this practice... (and not because they are not good in
theorizing, academia, or whatever else, for that is not a sign of an
intelligence, not at all ) They are as such just because they grow up
in this social structure, and one can like it or not, but that is the
way. Wealth rules, and it will create justification for itself, and
then it will be repeated over and over, without one bit of sense of
responsibility... Everyone is jumping about climate, but no word about
killing that is going on everyday basis, over and over and over and
over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over...

While CIA is publicly writing that they work hard to make people
ignorant about what is happening, we hear curators, historians,
f....ng philosophers jumping intimidating artists pushing aside those
who are fricking speaking through their expressive means straight
forward about this bloody atrocious means of these wars. "..Oh no be
careful, Oh how will you approach population, do not do it into my
face..." like our bombs are not melting faces of children and the rest
as I am writing about this, right now. DAMN IT!!!

Jean-Luc Godard responded to a similar question asked, of course by
a guy from the US, could his movies miss the opportunity to reach
population, to do some influence. Godard responded that he is not
interested in fast effects, he is rather interested in a longer
education of population. He would rather do it longer than by some
shorter, bad means... But not about longer terms in talking and
talking nonsense trying not to offend someone, but talking the TRUTH,
over and over and over and over and over and over. Again, soda and
chips against home made soup...

DAMN PHILOSOPHERS, DAMN HISTORIANS DAMN MACHINERY AND EVERYDAY
PREACHERS

"art to artists"

pEOPLE were drawing hands on the walls of caves 15000 years ago, and
they will be drawing them afterward ... Viva expression by any means
AND without shackles of false intellectual indoctrination.

Let DAMN ARTISTS decide what they want to do, and not to be told by
curators, historians philosopher and god knows who else.

But this shouldn't be a call to stupidity, and laziness and
incompetence... But to responsibility and action... And if someone
wants to draw, then draw, if someone wants to run and fight then run
and fight, and if someone wants to do nothing, then do nothing, but do
it right and DO NOT SELL white for black and black for white, and hide
incompetence and laziness behind strong words and high thoughts, DAMN
IT...

Today artists have to go and inflict physical harm upon itself so
that some moron critic would praise him. I witnessed it myself...
It is as if a writer should write a book by its own blood, or As if
a philosopher should stop writing but engage only in speaking. Why
art must only in itself to be space, a lab for moronic and idiotic
arguments

excuses, excuses excuses excuses
excuses, excuses excuses excuses
excuses, excuses excuses excuses

excuses, excuses excuses excuses
excuses, excuses excuses excuses
excuses, excuses excuses excuses

excuses, excuses excuses excuses
excuses, excuses excuses excuses
excuses, excuses excuses excuses

And for the end, I will call it art as long as we call Sartre philosopher...

Regards,
gORAN