almost on Tue, 7 Dec 2010 22:22:14 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Julian Assange Captured by World's Dating Police

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/interpol-the-worlds-datin_b_793033.html?ref=tw

Dear Interpol:

As a longtime feminist activist, I have been overjoyed to discover
your new commitment to engaging in global manhunts to arrest and
prosecute men who behave like narcissistic jerks to women they are
dating.

I see that Julian Assange is accused of having consensual sex with two
women, in one case using a condom that broke. I understand, from the
alleged victims' complaints to the miedia[1] , that Assange is also
accused of texting and tweeting in the taxi on the way to one of the
women's apartments while on a date, and, disgustingly enough, 'reading
stories about himself online' in the cab.

Both alleged victims are also upset that he began dating a second
woman while still being in a relationship with the first. (Of
course, as a feminist, I am also pleased that the alleged victims
are using feminist-inspired rhetoric and law to assuage what appears
to be personal injured feelings. That's what our brave suffragette
foremothers intended!).

Thank you again, Interpol. I know you will now prioritize the global
manhunt for 1.3 million guys I have heard similar complaints about
personally in the US alone -- there is an entire fraternity at the
University of Texas you need to arrest immediately. I also have
firsthand information that John Smith in Providence, Rhode Island,
went to a stag party -- with strippers! -- that his girlfriend wanted
him to skip, and that Mark Levinson in Corvallis, Oregon, did not
notice that his girlfriend got a really cute new haircut -- even
though it was THREE INCHES SHORTER.

Yours gratefully,

Naomi Wolf

[1]