Tjebbe van Tijen on Sat, 30 Oct 2010 02:57:46 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> AutumnStorage: from DATABASED society to DATAERASED society is just a matter of time

from DATABASED society to DATAERASED society is just a matter of time

October 29, 2010 by Tjebbe van Tijen

an autumn tableau

for visual go to:

http://limpingmessenger.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/from-databased-society-to-dataerased-society-is-just-a-matter-of-time/

STORAGE DAYS as leaves are falling in the Northern hemisphere I am reviving old computer storage and transferring Terrabytes of data these days… if only the transport of data between disks would be faster (that is a bottleneck of any economy… the road system cluttering). Just looked at a 8 or 16 Terrabyte DROBO box… but I am hesitating… because of the limits of the connecting data transport devices... while looking at this one realises the fragility of our whole society based on data… Over time DATABASED society will develop into DATAERASED society, throwing us back to times before the digital stone of Rosetta…

[tableau picture]