patrick lichty on Thu, 19 Aug 2010 05:01:33 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> lucky german jugend: null bock auf facebook

Well, the issue of this is acculturation.

Maybe this is similar to the idea of heidegger's premise that when you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  Not really - it's just that when the kids grow up with the Net, they have no conception of what living with Black and White TV is like...

The idea, as far as I am concerned is that there has to be volition in terms of society in terms of the parents, business and the nation state.  Being that there is the rhetoric of innovation that is antithetical to most of this more rational line of thinking, it would really be nice if we could have kindergarten PTA meetings to discuss the proper use and social implications of certain modes of technology upon the young with the parents.

---- Flick Harrison <flick@flickharrison.com> wrote:

> I've been teaching digital art to 6-12 year olds for almost 10 years and I'm constantly amazed at how adept they are at finding the most useless things to do on the computer...  I mean this in a good way.
 <...>