Morlock Elloi on Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:53:24 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> alt.religion.artworld

The reasons are probably far more mundane and purely economic.

The "art" until then were simply items conveniently shaped and packaged for selling and owning, and "proving", ie. certificating originality.

Once the new ever growing crop of, ehm, artists, figured out that their chances of selling is once in a blue moon, the need for packaging went away.