dr.woooo on Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:45:38 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Fwd: Class composition in black economies and the micro-contract e-lance phenomenon - network economies... ?

Class composition in black economies. e-lancing and txting refugee workers...

Hello, I have been thinking about work-type trends, what I have
clumsily tagged as
http://delicious.com/dr.woooo/micro-contracts-beyond-temping

The e-lancing phenomenon, jobs like refugees being texting services
for payment per txt and also bidding for 1hr assignments or tasks put
this way on a website that specializes in using poor workers in parts
of the world to organize jetsetters diaries or edit paragraphs of
documents etc –

“  HITs - Human Intelligence Tasks - are individual tasks that you
work on. Find HITs now.
Requester: retaildata
HIT Expiration Date: Mar 5, 2010 (5 days 4 hours)
Time Allotted: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.01
HITs Available: 95568
 ”

I’m curious if anyone has written class compositionist type stuff on
the other similar types of work and perhaps more interesting black
economy in ‘networked capitalism ‘ ie. The class make up and nature of
spammers, virus writers, paid hackers and the class make up and nature
of work in the drug economy ( I heard someone writes on
drug-cartels/dealing as another form of work in mexico ? )

Any pointers to these enquiries or thoughts ?

Ta

the ankle bone, connected to the thigh bone ;)

http://del.icio.us/dr.woooo

http://www.aut-op-sy.org
http://narconews.com
http://www.eco.utexas.edu/~archive/chiapas95/