blakkbyrd on Thu, 1 Oct 2009 12:07:04 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Has Facebook superseded Nettime?

On 25/09/2009, at 8:00 PM, nettime-l-request@kein.org wrote:

> If you're not on FaceBook (and/or Twitter), you're out of the
> loop. And my one generation younger friends in Amsterdam tell me
> basically
> the same. And I do indeed feel being more and more out of the loop.

Agreed. I joined FB largely so I could keep in touch with my Amsterdam
friends. I'm also on Ning. I much preferred the old email discussions
on lists like nettime, but they are all struggling, if not gone. This
discussion seems to be taking place on several of my groups at the
moment. To FB or not to FB, to migrate to FB or watch your list die.

Currently I'm rationalising my activities and deleting old
subscriptions. Does anyone use myspace anymore?

Its the fragmentation I don't like. My contacts are now spread
everywhere and I have to log into many accounts to keep up. I'd like a
way to combine them all onto a one page site, much like reading all my
emails on one account.

I absolutely refuse to twitter.

blakkbyrd
http://blakkbyrd.blogspot.com/