Patrice Riemens on Thu, 9 Apr 2009 06:13:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Human Strike after Human Strike

> Human Strike after Human Strike
> (on the occasion of the recent arrests in France)

With Jim Flemming's (Autonomedia) backing I asked La Fabrique for
permission to translate "L'insurrection qui vient" , but was told the
rights had already been snapped up by 'another' American publisher, which
we promptly speculated as being the former neighbours next door (now in
Los Angeles).

So that will be translated in English. Don't entirely hold your breath,
however. As so many books (I can tell) "L'insurrection" flies far better &
higher at first, quick reading, than at the second, let alone at the close
one that goes in translating it. As a (publisher) friend pointed out, the
analysis is brilliant, but the solutions are desperately 1970...

Cheers from Pune
patrizio and Diiiinooos!

NB Read Human Strike in the original URL, the French site's (true to form)
version is jumbo-mumbo.