Alan Sondheim on Sat, 14 Feb 2009 06:31:07 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> sondheimogram x4: need pub, upcom perf, sir, new loc

               [ digested @ nettime -- mod (tb) ]

Alan Sondheim <sondheim@panix.com>

     need publisher, help, please reply backchannel
     performance upcoming getting-up and go
     ( Julu Twine joined the session, sir ) *
     Installation shots of a new piece new location

Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 17:21:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Alan Sondheim <sondheim@panix.com>
Subject: need publisher, help, please reply backchannel

Hi - I'm writing a generic letter, apologies; I want to find a publisher for my
theoretical work, and everything continues to fall through. At one point
Minnesota was going to work with us - us being Sandy Baldwin, who created a
framework for my texts - and Sandy wasn't able to continue on the project (he's
fully supportive; it was a question of time) - Minnesota withdrew. If you have
any idea or better yet, the possibility of publica- tion, please let me know. I
have a text out with Fort-Da but there's been no money for an ISBN number, so
that's unadvertised; WVU might do something in the future with my texts on
writing, if a series gets going, but that's speculative. The texts I've been
writing have been on two main themes, and have been collected as such - one on
the phenomenology of the analog and digital and their intertwining; and one on
the phenomenology of the real/virtual and their intertwining. The latter uses
Second Life as a model; the former is more purely theoretical. Neither need
illustration.

I feel ridiculous sending out a public letter like this, but I'm at wit's end -
my writing might not be worth collecting for that matter, and I have no
academic affiliation, so it's difficult to get anyone interested. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Please write me backchannel or ignore this, and
thanks for reading. (I know I write overmuch, but the mss have always been
edited. Salt brought out a book of literary writing in 2004, and that was the
last of it.)

Alan