alexander nikolic on Thu, 21 Aug 2008 06:52:09 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> 2 workshops by SLUM-TV Nairobi this fall

Dear Friends,

we have been working very hard. So there was no time to write long
reports.  This email will also be very short, but the content will need a
bit   more of your attention.

Al Jazeera made an long feature on our project in Mathare, and
explaining our project in an very good way. There, as known in mainstream
media   is an heavy focus on the aspect of violence, but it tries to
connect hope   for an better future, with our project, Watch it online at
http://www.slum-tv.info/?
p=97

Also I want to announce two international workshops, this September with
übermorgen.com and in October with Jaume Nualart. nualart.com.

First workshop will deal with media hacking and internet publishing, the
second with using open-source tools, developed by our partner Jaume
Nualart, subvideo.tv, which is an step into an semantic web, and opens up
many possibilities for the near future.

About the workshops, you'll find as soon as we manage, more detailed
information right in your inboxes.

for more information on our partners visit:

http://www.ubermorgen.com/
http://nualart.com/
http://subvideo.tv/

best regards