jeremy hunsinger on Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:55:39 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Analysis Without Analysis. Review of Clay Shirky's "Here Comes Everybody"

I think we have to be careful about assigning him originality or
novelty to commons based peer production, because as a mode of
production it is mighty similar to many craft-houses some of which we
still have today.   the name including 'peer production' might be the
only thing novel there, and it is at best completely misleading on the
term 'peer', unless his being being ironic and pointing toward the
class differentiation within the peerage, heh.