Antti Jarvinen on Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:14:58 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Finnish and Dutch child porn filters

Philip Galanter writes:
 > In the US the intent of the law is not primarily to moralistically
 > censor content, but rather to protect the children who would be
 > victimized by the production of child pornography. This is confirmed

Wouldn't then a wider audience expand the possibilities of someone
noticing the business and telling the sheriff?

And here we have a hilarious piece of background for this finnish mess: when
representative of finnish police was asked "how come The Google was
not among those cencored pages as it contains the same links as
now-cencored list of Matti Nikki" the answer from Lars Henriksson was
"it is not a website, it is a browser" (original audio here for those
who understand finnish is at http://autorata.com/files/seonselain.mp3 :-)

--
Antti