chad scov1lle on Wed, 2 Jan 2008 00:15:19 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Critique of the "Semantic Web"

Hi Jon,

Interesting post, and I think it does well into illuminating a few
poignant discussion(s); What are the issue(s) surrounding the accurate
predilection of machine intelligence. The de facto standward would
probably be the Turing Test? What is the update in this field as
far as AI is concerned? Is there any valid scientific body of work
available which proves that human consciousness is not anything more
than a highly organized organic structure whose awareness is nothing
more than the sum of it's parts, of which the resultant is the product
of evolution? And so are we as humans the mere *application* of the
intelligence of nature as carbon atoms? Machines can be equally as
intelligent as humans - it is a ludic operation and a moral issue I
would think to say it to be otherwise. How can a society evangelize
about the morals and ethics, if we aren't open to affording our
sentient creations the same priveleges?