Gita Hashemi on Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:35:45 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> language virus

At 9:49 AM -0400 8/26/07, keith@thememorybank.co.uk wrote:
>Fortunately, Christophe Bruno has given me a search engine that would
>allow me to pursue the matter historically, if I cared that much. A
>related question for me concerns how or whether the increased numbers
>of those who speak or write English as a second language on the
>internet is changing common usage. I doubt if that is the case here,
>but my query had those sort of issues in mind.

now this definitely is symptomatic of the thought virus IBF (i blame
foreigners) which is known to lead to and/or help justify
intellectual laziness, bigotry, dogmatism, xenophobia, fundamentalism
and other such disturbing positions.  similar to other viral
infections, there are no known treatments for IBF once the virus
invades the organism; however the symptoms can be temporarily
relieved by looking into your own house, doing your homework and
thinking before venting.  IBF symptoms may diminish and it may remain
inactive for many years but it will never entirely leave the host's
body once it enters, so combating it has to be a life-long commitment.

get well.

gita

#  more info: majordomo@kein.org and "info nettime-l" in the msg body