Aileen Derieg on Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:59:45 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Criminalization of critical academic research and political engagement

What kind of "trust rating" could you imagine? Although I'm not sure
what you mean about the methods being excessive, I think I understand
your question. I am just forwarding this post to other lists, because
Anna is someone I know, someone I care about, and because it feels
very close and threatening, when I think about all the times the
children she mentions have interrupted our late night conversations
about the difficulties of trying to live one's convictions and care
for a young family at the same time; how to balance activist work and
the responsibilities of everyday life.

Before I started forwarding Anna's message, I thought about which
lists I could forward it to, where I know people, where I think I
might be able to convey something of why this is important to me - in
the hope that people who know me might be able to take up the request
for support on the basis of our acquaintance. Because I think you
are right that probably many calls for support may go unnoticed or
unanswered, if there is no personal connection somehow.

Is some kind of personal connection what you are looking for?
Aileen

#  more info: majordomo@kein.org and "info nettime-l" in the msg body