Alex Karschnia on Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:06:32 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> homo futuris: COSMIC COMMUNAUTS & Co.

HOMO FUTURIS:
http://www.vooruit.be/reeks/21/

andcompany&Co.: COSMIC COMMUNAUTS:

The future is now, but how did we get here? Cosmic communauts are
time-travellers searching for all our yesterdayâ??s tomorrows. This
lecture is a performance is a concert about the history of the future in
the 20^th century. Today we know: The armâ??s race was a space race, the
cold war an international cover-up to colonize outer-space and our
planet finally turned into a global free-trade-zone to get fit for
cosmic commerce. This future-drama is an anachronistic celebration of
hopes passed and futures failed in soundsâ??nâ??words: Visit the red planet
with the bolshevist Bogdanov, step in the World Communeâ??s interplanetary
vessels with Vladimir Mayakovsky or have a chat with H.G. Wells and
Lenin, the first alien in the Kremlin: â??Communist cosmonauts got
contact!â?? Today, just like yesterday, the focus is on the figure of the
alien which is threatening the old order as secret agent, unregistered
migrant or a virus from outer space. Is our present haunted by ghosts of
the past or visited by spirits of the future? By ancient astronauts or
mutant men from another millenium? Weâ??re all cosmic communauts, so get
ready for a strange encounter of the third kind in the fourth dimension:
Time is the place to be, historyâ??s a mystery, back to the future on
Septembre 30^th in the Domzaal.