dr.woooo on Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:03:57 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> re: demoradical vs demoliberal regulation in Europe

> To: nettime-l {AT} bbs.thing.net
> Subject: <nettime> demoradical vs demoliberal regulation in Europe
> From: Alex Foti <alex.foti {AT} gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:09:04 +0200

Hello from Melbourne, I am going to make some comentary on the theoretical
and action suggestions below.

In Australia we are seeing the beginning of a massive assault against
workers, poor, precarious / casual labourers via the liberal parties
industrial relations reform. It is particularly savage, 100 workers
who broke with their union and took wildcat action have been fined
$28000 each by the government. Australia has one of the highest levels
of casualisation in the western world, but there is not really a
discussion or successful campaign like euromayday etc. The labour
movement is tied to the alp ( alterative liberal party ) and wed to
the bureacratic unions. Some in melbourne and elsewhere have been
calling for a general strike but this is a tiny minority.

alex this article ( your original ) was also posted on aut-op-sy
https://lists.resist.ca/pipermail/aut-op-sy/, http://slash.autonomedia.org and
http://www.metamute.org

Vaughan==

<...>