{ brad brace } on Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:41:17 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> the idea of nettime

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Pit Schultz wrote:

> ...and third, to regret having a list moderated which
> grows to many thousands of people is like regretting that
> you have a brake on your bike when your're rolling downhill.
> there is no place for the long tail on an unmoderated list,
> see the usenet history.

Thanks! I appreciate these later-day-aspirations of
'decentralization' but one should also marvel and embrace
the inconvenience of everything-at-once ('no brakes.')
Usenet in this sense is still very vanguard (eg. just try
squelching chinese dissidents on newsgroups!) The 'present'
is evermore moderated by military-industrial-entertainment
(artworld) concerns... unfortunately many artists are still
chasing the new-market-technology-defaults: imagining that
by associating their wily efforts with new technologies,
somehow their work will ipso facto be 'current' and valid
(beholden-to-the-artworld-apologist-kickback-schemes).

I might mention-in-passing that I just scanned
"12hr/016734.jpg" -- especially and delicately-pertinent and
due to appear online (even if artworldmuseums are finally
torched or converted to functioning social-centres--whether
I'm still alive or not) approximately July 2017.

Bring IT on!

/:b

"Nothing can be said about the sea."
-- Mr Selvam, Akkrapattai, India 2004

{ brad brace }   <<<<< bbrace@eskimo.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp

---    bbs: brad brace sound                               ---
---    http://69.64.229.114:8000                           ---

The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project       >>>> posted since 1994 <<<<
"... easily the most venerable media-art project of all time."

+ + +         serial           ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/b/bbrace
+ + +      eccentric          ftp://  (your-site-here!)
+ + +     continuous         hotline://artlyin.ftr.va.com.au
+ + +    hypermodern      ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace
+ + +        imagery     ftp://bjornmag:Sobject@kunst.no/12hr/

News:  alt.binaries.pictures.12hr   alt.binaries.pictures.misc
               alt.binaries.pictures.fine-art.misc    alt.12hr

.  12hr email
subscriptions => http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/buy-into.html

.  Other  |  Mirror: http://www.eskimo.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html
Projects  |  Reverse Solidus: http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/