Alan Sondheim on Thu, 8 Jun 2006 04:35:37 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> calling all lurkers

I want to agree w/ Brian here - nettime for me ironically has the status
of a book, not only because of peripheral publishing, but also because of
the functioning of the list, little chatter, more emendations, articles,
considered replies, some fecundity kept at a minimum. All of this would
tend towards modernism, i.e. articulated/decontextualized/constructed,
were it not played out against the background of the roiling net/s; most
of my time is taken up with culling these days. The internationalism of
nettime is fundamental to me. It's also my writing venue of choice (which
means I fundamentally cull before submitting), and the back-channel
replies I receive have always been incredibly useful. I miss the news-
papers...

- Alan

blog at http://nikuko.blogspot.com - for URLs, DVDs, CDs, books/etc. see
http://www.asondheim.org/advert.txt - contact sondheim@panix.com, -